Skip to main content

Pushing Forward


So it's been a while since I have had the chance to sit and write something fresh for you guys.
A lot has happened, we finally got D&D and for some WWE, I played in the MODMGE event, rotation was announced, and most of us are sat at home looking for things to occupy our minds well this virus does it's thing.
So what better time than to try and lay down some words and ideas, to hopefully take our minds of it for a moment.

After playing the MODMGE, I realised I had neglected to add a certain card to my team that would have made my day a lot easier, I then rebuilt the team post rotation announcement looking at how I could move it forward, and took it to Dice Fight with little luck due to poor rolling on the night and a few missed opportunities, nonetheless I still believe this has legs.
so lets take a look at the team I took to MODMGE and work up through its development and where it's potentially going.


This team turned out to be fairly average I was soft to a lot of different types of removal, blackbird was a double edged sword, and seething Manshoon, gave me some timing issues.
Positives were Stretch which was amazing at managing dice you wanted to roll, Intellect Devourer for fixing, and Gazer for removal.


As you can see, I kept the cards that I liked from the first draft, with a little upgrade for Devourer, as I think if you have to buy it at any point this one is better.
Remembered to add Cena for some protection and Under Surveillance to get through unimpeded.
Istrid Horn helps against Static Field as long as you can get it out of the field for reuse.

Had a bad time with rolling on the night with this one, and think I could have probably won all my games if the dice had played ball, but there's still a few slots i'm not happy with, yawning portal has been disappointing for me, with both versions, and Thor seems lacklustre as the late game draws in.

So if we look at replacements I can lose those two straight away lose a die on Cena, and 1-2 on Devourer. So lets look at some options:

Becky Lynch has a great global allowing me to purchase and buy straight to the prep area. She also has amazing stats, and with her when attacks ability I can potentially roll an Under Surveillance to make her or my God Catchers unblockable.
Forge is a potentially interesting piece.
If I buy and Becky global this over turn 1-2 and roll Energize, I can potentially buy, multiple GC's and Surveillance dice the following turn, definitely worth a consideration.
Also unlike Thor as i already bought the die once i get past the purchasing part of my game it has a body to lay down extra pressure or provide blocking fodder.

This is here mainly to solve the issue of getting some reuse out of my Istrid Horn dice, knock them out re-field them next turn, to turn of Static Field.

Potentially I can fit all 3 of these if I drop Supreme Intelligence as well.


All that's left is to give it a test run, so stay safe and let me know if there is anything I missed.

Don't forget to comment, share, follow, and subscribe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Approach to Team Building

Last week after the Dice Fight, in Aftermath, some questions arose about team building so this week I am going to look at team building, as for some it is one of the greatest struggles when it comes to preparing for games. Hopefully many of you will benefit from some of the resources, and points made here on in. I'm going to start with laying out some bullet points. Win Conditions Power Cards Ramp & Churn Fixing Control Cost Synergy Card Stat's Before we dive in a bit deeper, I will start by saying that I normally keep some boxes with a pool of cards I like playing with, and a select number of dice to go with those cards. This not only saves time but these are battle tested cards and are generally the best in their set. This pool is for the most part made up of ccm00007's  Essentials List , I separate these into 3 piles. Modern Golden BAC's Once I know the format I remove any cards that are banned, then I split down further depending on forma

No Ban Golden

It has been a while since I have written an article, mainly due to a hiatus from the game and welcoming another member into our family. All that aside, the back end of last year the Dice Fight team decided to run a "no ban list" golden event, which was well received by the player involved. Here are the team lists: alsodanlowe : DavidC : NefariousBroadcaster : Skyraver : CollectorRob : Current Golden Banned List  Relentless: Basic Action Card Swords of Revealing Light: Basic Action Card Imprisoned: Basic Action Card (Uncanny X-Men) Beholder: Master Abberation (Battle for Faerûn) Ring of Magnetism: Action Attraction (Yu-Gi-Oh!) Final Results Seeing these lists I remember a team that I played back in Dice Fight Legacy V, This team nabbed me the top spot back then and was a solid choice, from the available pool at the time, but with no restrictions Collector Rob was able to make some improvements to the team still netting him a 2nd place, But why stop there? I believe there is st

Dice Report - Dice Fight - Golden Single Energy Type

This weeks event was golden single energy so i'm going to start by breaking down my team, and then I will look at how it played in the event. Also worth bearing in mind is that global's had to use the designated energy type, so no energy fixers, no create food and water. When I see this archetype pop up I know Rare Lantern Ring will see a ban, so I have opted for the next best thing. This cost us one more to purchase than Lantern Ring, and is also limited by an affiliation for our characters, which shouldn't be too much of a hindrance. Cheap character, cheap fielding and the ability is really good with our next card. and if we manage to roll double energy provides some extra damage for Green Lantern's ability. This is our removal hated by everyone not playing it, and easily abused with Gadgeteer on The Question. This is here just for the global, if my opponent bounces my stuff back even better its less they are spending on forwarding there o